A thriving commercial Wind power industry in South Africa, part of a growing domestic and international renewable power industry that is recognised as a major contributor to social, environmental and economic security.
SAWEA’s purpose is to perform to its highest ability the unique role that a member-driven association can play in enabling this vision to be realised. In order to achieve this purpose, SAWEA activities are focused on:
- Advocacy for the implementation of ambitious, consistent South African energy policy that harnesses the country’s immense wind resource and results in the streamlined growth of a wind power asset base;
- Facilitation and promotion of excellent practice in the associated localisation, socio-economic and economic development and transformational areas of wind power;
- Endorsement and recognition of excellent operational practice in the generation of wind power;
- Provision of pertinent information to current and prospective investors seeking to enter the SA wind power market;
- Provision of up to date, dependable public information on the socio-economic contributions of the wind Industry in South Africa – particularly as these relate to rural development, to women and to youth;
- Through Wind power, promotion of renewable power in large and small-scale applications in South Africa as a least cost option and as a direct contribution to the achievement of national development and climate change objectives;
- Promotion of wind and renewable power investment in Africa through partnership and dialogue both within South Africa and the region.