A CALL FOR ABSTRACTS FOR THE ACADEMIC WIND ENERGY CONFERENCE- CLOSES 31 JULY 2022.
In conjunction with the Windaba Conference and Exhibition, the South African Wind Energy Association will host the 5th annual WindAc Africa on 11-13 October 2022. Through WindAc Africa, the research and academic community can develop a knowledge base for the wind energy sector by sharing, presenting, and discussing new research, insights, and ideas. WindAc Africa and Windaba will coincide at the Cape Town International Convention Centre with the theme “Wind Power Spearheading the Just Energy Transition for Accelerated Growth”.
A high-level delegation from our partners and sponsors will be in attendance as part of the three-day conference programme (workshop, wind farm visit, conference). As always, the speakers and presenters will be carefully selected to ensure the best content will drive the conversation at WindAc 2022 and beyond. The programme will be based on papers selected through rigorous peer review and final selection by a scientific advisory panel. Therefore, the 2022 program will cover technical, socioeconomic, policy, and environmental aspects of the wind industry, emphasising academic interaction across disciplines.
PROPOSED CONFERENCE THEMATIC TOPICS:
The proposed topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- The Wind Resource
- Wind turbine operation (Operation & Maintenance)
- Grid Integration
- Wind power and environment (Environmental Planning and Management)
- Wind turbine technology (Embedded & Utility)
- Wind Energy Economics & Finance
- Energy Policy
- Wind for Communities
- Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer
- Battery Storage
- Hydrogen Economy
- New Emerging Markets in an African Context
SPECIFICATIONS AND SUBMISSIONS PROCEDURE
Contributors are hereby invited to submit abstracts for our conference through our WindAc Africa website portal: https://www.windac-africa.co.za/2022-abstract-submission/
We encourage case study research methods. All selected abstracts will be notified of their nominations after the deadline of 31 July 2022 and will be invited to submit a full paper.
Please note that researchers can choose to either:
1) Submit an existing manuscript with published work or
2) Submit new unpublished findings.
Should a speaker present new finding in his/her paper, he/she has the option to have his/her manuscript rigorously reviewed by the Scientific Advisory Committee.
Please note, the abstract should not be more than 500 words:
- Introduce the research field and the problem investigated briefly,
- A statement of the objective/importance of the problem under investigation,
- An indication of the study design and setting, key findings/contributions/results,
- In conclusion, indicate a compelling argument with indication of implications for future or existing developments.
All presentations made will be video-recorded and accessible to conference delegates shortly after the conference. Relevant information such as proceedings, presentations and video-recordings will be available online to the public, 2 months after the conference. Public access is aimed at maximising the exposure of the conference speakers and the dissemination of knowledge.
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact Ms Matshidiso Tsie, SAWEA- Programme Administrator at email@example.com or 078 244 2978.
Regards WindAc Team!